Gnome 2.0?

I followed the directions to download garnome, and ran the command
'make install' in the meta/gnome-desktop. Everything seems to have
completed correctly but I am unable to start gnome 2.0. I am running
SuSE 8.0 Linux.

When I try to run /root/garnome/bin/gnome-wm, i get the following error:

Error setting value: No database available to save your configuration:
 Unable to store a value at key
'/desktop/gnome/applications/window_manager/defa
ult', as the configuration server has no writable databases. There are some
comm on causes of this problem: 1) your configuration path file
/root/garnome/etc/gconf/2/path doesn't contain any databases or wasn't found
2) somehow we mistakenly created two gconfd processes 3) your operating
system is misconfigured so NFS file locking doesn't work in your home
directory or 4) your NFS client machine crashed and didn't properly notify
the server on reboot that file locks should be dropped. If you have two
gconfd processes (or had two at the time the second was launched), logging
out, killing all copies of gconfd, and logging back in may help. If you have
stale locks, remove ~/.gconf*/*lock. Perhaps the problem is that you
attempted to use GConf from two machines at once, and ORBit still has its
default configuration that prevents remote CORBA connections - put
"ORBIIOPIPv4=1" in /etc/orbitrc. As always, check the user.* syslog for
details on problems gconfd encountered. There can only be one gconfd per home
directory, and it must own a lockfile in ~/.gconfd and also lockfiles in
individual storage locations such as ~/.gconf

** (process:2839): WARNING **: CORBA_ORB_destroy: ORB still has 2 refs.

** (process:2839): WARNING **: ORB: a total of 6 refs to 5 ORB objects were
leak
ed

Can anyone help me?

Devin ATencio