Re: AA in gnome-terminal?

So, aside from the fact that it's bad for my eyes (thanks mom ;)... How
would I get AA fonts in gnome-terminal?  I've been reading about
XftConfig and I pretty much understand what it's doing it, but how do
you control what font the gnome-terminal is asking for?

Pat, are you saying that gnome-terminal always asks for "fixed",
regardless of what the font is set at?  Markus, is this the bug you're
referring to?

What about the other fonts you set in the "Edit current profile" dialog?
I have a long list (60+) of fonts to chose from, although only a few
seem to work (and they almost all suck with "letter gothic (hp)" being
the best of a bad field).  I usually get errors like this in my
.gnomerc-errors:

The font "-elot-fixed-medium-r-normal-*-14-*-*-*-c-*-iso8859-7" does not support all the required character sets for the current locale "en_US.iso885915"
  (Missing character set "ISO8859-15")
  (Missing character set "ISO8859-15")
Could not load font "-elot-fixed-medium-r-normal-*-14-*-*-*-c-*-iso8859-7"

The LANG always seems to be en_US.iso885915, no matter what I set it to
in my .bash_profile or .bashrc.  Could this be the problem?

I'm not adverse to going out and installing other fonts.  What makes a
font show up in the "Edit current profile" dialog?  What properties does
it have to have?

Can someone suggest a good font for gnome-terminal?

Thanks,
pete