Re: Gimp not opening any files properly

Hi,

> I believe you said that you finally got it to work.

True! But I did some more research and found an email explaining the
files do open properly, but for some reason it sets the transparency to
2%.
But off course the questions remains if more is affected.

> Exactly how did you compile it? I rebuilt it by
> simply entering the Gimp directory under Garnome and typing ./configure && make && make install. I
> didn't add any optimizations at all.
>
> Did you do anything different than I did above?

I might have switched off all optimizations in gnome/category.mk.

But I tried different combination of compiler options, and the option
'-O3' seems to cause the problems in my case. I have not yet tried lower
levels of optimizations to see where the real problem lies.
I will file a bug-report when I findout from which level of
optimizations it starts breaking.

My current cflags are:

CFLAGS += -falign-functions=4 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops
-mfancy-math-387 -pipe -march=pentium3 -msse -mfpmath=sse

-A.