Garnome -0.19.5 error on RedHat 8?

Thanks for the information on using Garnome with a web proxy.  I've got that part working.  Now, I'm getting an error when building.  I extracted garnome into it's directories, modified the gar.conf.mk as directed.  I changed to the gnome/gnome-desktop directory and typed make.

It trundled along for a while, but I got an error which says

"gnome-vfs requires libbz2 to compile" in the gnome-vfs-2.1.5 directory.

How do I go about correcting this to continue?

Thanks.

Mike Strock
mike myhomeoffice org