Re: garnome and cvs

El jue, 26-12-2002 a las 05:05, Shaun ONeil escribió:
> On Wed, 2002-12-25 at 21:13, Roberto Majadas wrote:
> > Hi people :
> >
> > I was thinking something about garnome while i was reading it source .
> > Is it possible add cvs support to garnome ? . I mean that for example a
> > diretory called gnome-cvs and inside the makefile add url like that
> >
> > cvs://:pserver:telemaco cvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome:MODULE:TAG
> >
> > I think it will be useful for developers and betatesters , don't you
> > think so ?
> >
> > regards
> >
> > telemaco
>
> "the unix way" is to have small tools which do one job, and do it well.

yeah i thougth the same but if yo read the code (gar.lib.mk) you'll can
see that there are support for ftp , http , file , scp and rsync . And
my question is why not add cvs support ? . Garnome is a very cool app
and very stable . i think it will be intereting .

> IMHO, garnome's 'one job' is building the latest releases into a usable
> system, with as little interaction as possible - which is does well -
> thanks Jeff!
>
> We already have jhbuild </cvs/gnome/jhbuild> to build bleeding-edge
> releases from CVS, and I'm told it does it's job well also.

Yeah i proof it but i think that the arquitecture of garnome is better .

Regard

telemaco