Re: garnome and cvs

On Wed, 2002-12-25 at 21:13, Roberto Majadas wrote:
> Hi people :
>
> I was thinking something about garnome while i was reading it source .
> Is it possible add cvs support to garnome ? . I mean that for example a
> diretory called gnome-cvs and inside the makefile add url like that
>
> cvs://:pserver:telemaco cvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome:MODULE:TAG
>
> I think it will be useful for developers and betatesters , don't you
> think so ?
>
> regards
>
> telemaco

"the unix way" is to have small tools which do one job, and do it well.

IMHO, garnome's 'one job' is building the latest releases into a usable
system, with as little interaction as possible - which is does well -
thanks Jeff!

We already have jhbuild </cvs/gnome/jhbuild> to build bleeding-edge
releases from CVS, and I'm told it does it's job well also.

So why blur the two adding so many complications (and a lot more work -
I don't believe CVS is currently supported in the gar ports system)?

BTW, you may like to check out

http://www.burtonini.com/computing/gnome2-build.html

Which describes one person's experience combining garnome and jhbuild to
serve his purposes.

Just my two cents, Shaun.