Running Garnome as user...

I've downloaded and compiled Garnome 0.19.5 without a hitch.
I did it as user "g2" and installed everything in the /opt/gnome215/ directory.
I decided to give garnome a try using a new account that I created called "test". But here's the problem : when I log in as "test" and I try to run garnome I only get the splash screen...nothing happens: it simply freezes.
I change the PATH to reflect the changes. In the  "test" home i put a .profile:

#!/bin/sh
# Add PATH and MANPATH for GNOME:
PATH="/opt/gnome215/bin:$PATH"
export PATH
export GDK_USE_XFT=1
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/opt/gnome215/lib/pkgconfig/

I included the new library path in my /etc/ld.so.conf and did the two things already known: run fc-cache as root and erase the last two lines of path in /opt/gnome215/etc/gconf/2

When I try to run garnome using my "g2" account averything runs smoothly and that sounds strange to me... Is it possible that garnome runs only with the user that installs it? I don't think so ...
Thanx for your help
BTW I use a slackware 8.0
Lorenzo