Re: Mozilla 1.2.1 for normal users

hi!
i've had the same problem. in my case it was even worse. i did run mozilla fine for the first time. i started it as normal user. as i wanted to install the enigmail plugin i had to start mozilla as root. after i tried starting mozilla as root, nothing happened, no error message, no window that openened. from this time on mozilla did not work at all, i didn't start when i was logged in as root, neighter did it when i tried it as another user. after playing around for a while i figured something out. i went into the /misc/mozilla/work/mozilla/dist directory and tried to start bin/mozilla. starting mozilla from there worked! so i did the following: i packaged the whole directory in one .tar.gz, dereferencing all symlinks (--dereference) then i unpacked it to /opt/mozilla/. starting from there works without problems. i never found out what went wrong.

greetings
michael

Tomasz Król wrote:
Hi all.

I've just built mozilla 1.2.1 for garnome 0.18.3 (compling as root). First
run on root's account goes smoothly (I've read somewere that mozilla needs
it's first run as root, course it's creating some files for later use by
other users). Now I want to run mozilla as normal user and... nothing! It
just dosn't run... My user group has read/execute rights for whole garnome
directory (mozilla is placed into garnome directory structure). Are there
any files that needs special threat to run as non-root? I've make small test
and set temporary rights to garnome folder to 777 - dosn't work... Any
suggestions will be helpfull.

BTW - is there a new garnome release coming out soon? I've noticed, that
current gnome is already 2.1.4... ;-)

Greetings - Tomek.

Powiedz sobie dobre "Dzien dobry"! >>> http://link.interia.pl/f168b

--
|       Michael Weissenbacher <webmaster dermichi com>       |