Re: X dies on startup after installing garnome 0.19.3

hello,

Timothy A. DeWees wanted us to know:

> Thanks for your quick reply!  I get this output when I run fc-cache:
> fc-cache: relocation error: /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1: undefined symbol:
> FT_Get_Next_Char
>
> I found a /usr/X11R6/bin/xftcache which to my understanding, is used for
> freetype fonts.  That ran without incident.
>
> Jeff Waugh mentioned an archive, where can I find that?
>
> I thank you in advance for you patience to a newbie.

I had the same problem. I simply changed the permissions on my
share/fonts and another in the X11/lib directly. After the change, I was
able to run fc-cache on my own (non-root)

I wanted to get garnome running, quick fix !

	Ganesh

--
         (o o)