Re: A suggestion and a question.

<quote who="Lewis Williams">

> I was wondering (dangerously) what it would be like to have a garnome
> 'lite' that really only had the base gnome system and prehaps nautilus.
> Then a user could choose the applications they wanted to have, for
> instance I will never use gnumeric. It might be really nice I just won't
> use anything like that.

That's what the meta/gnome-desktop garball is for. It's the GNOME Desktop
release only. It's also The Way To Build as described in the docs, so if
you're not using it, it means you haven't read the docs. :-)

> I got 0.19.3 to build enough to run, but still with errors.
> I did `find . -name "*.log" | xargs cat >> runlog` and it was too much
> for me to look at. Is there a better way to figure out whats wrong?
> I will look into the libvorbis cause thats where mine fried.
> I have python2.2.

Just look at the trailing errors on your screen. The .log files throughout
the tree are not going to help you. First, read garnome-list archives to see
other people's issues, then report stuff if you haven't seen it on the list.

> Congrats Jeff on the election.

Thanks,

    "Ever had a morning where you were not kissed and told 'I love you,'
       when the night before you SCREWED so wildly that you could not
        remember? GOOD MORNING!!!!" - Andre Hedrick, Linux ATA Dude