Re: compiling

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> <quote who="Matt Rose">
>
> > 1.  force gnome-python to use python2.1.  Does anyone know if python2.1
> > will work with gnome python?
>
> It won't.

all right, scratch that one...

> > 2.  upgrade to gcc-3.2 and the python-2.2 devel packages, does anyone know
> > if this breaks anything?
>
> Only C++ stuff.

hmm, any c++ stuff in garnome?  IOW if I upgrade my compiler, and compile
any more garnome stuff, will it cause major b0rkage?

> > 3.  not install straw.
>
> Well, unless you want an RSS aggregator, that's a pretty easy solution. :-)

Hmm, still contemplating...

> - Jeff

btw, love GARNOME, and think you're by far the best person to head up the
GNOME Foundation.  I wanna give you a big "Way to go" for everything
you've done for GNOME, not just garnome.

Matt Rose     mattrose folkwolf net    Visit my blog!  http://folkwolf.net
He's a deeply religious white trash senator with no name. She's a
supernatural Bolivian angel with a knack for trouble. They fight crime!
Random Crime Fighters by http://www.rain-street.org/fightcrime.htm