Garnome 0.13.1, GTK+ compile errors

Hi,

GTK+ won't compile properly with Garnome 0.13.1 on my Slackware 8.1 system.

I get undefined references to 'FT_Stream_GetShort' and a few other similar
errors when linking one of the X11 components of GTK+. The problem is that
the GTK+ build scripts are linking something against
"/usr/X11/lib/libfreetype.so" (version 2.0.5) , instead of using the "
~/garnome/lib/libfreetype.so" (version 2.1.2). All the other Garnome
components properly used the freetype that garnome downloads (2.1.2), but I
think the libtool that comes with GTK+ finds my system version of freetype
(the one included in XFree) instead of the Garnome version.

Has anybody else with Slackware 8.1 managed to get Garnome to build Gnome
2.0.1?
Anybody have any problems similar to mine?

Thanks,
Gilles

Unless otherwise expressly stated, this message does not create or vary any
contractual relationship between you and ARC International.  The contents
of this e-mail may be confidential and if you have received it in error,
please delete it from your system, destroy any hard copies and telephone
the above number.  Incoming e-mails to ARC may be subject to monitoring
other than by the addressee.