Re: Help on Pre-downloading?

<quote who="Robert Devi">

> For various reasons, I won't be able to use Garnome until I can download
> *all* the packages ahead of time before compiling.
>
> Ideally, I'd like to make two makefiles that can be placed in the
> garnome-XX.XX.XX/meta/gnome-desktop directory. One makefile would download
> all the required files without compiling anything. The other makefile would
> compile all required files without downloading.

The feature already exists. Go to your GARNOME root and run:

  ./paranoid-each checksum

Then copy the tarballs out of the build tree with:

  find */*/download/* -type f -exec cp -vf "{}" ../ \;

(Change "../" to the directory you want to copy them to.)

       o/~ In spite of all those keystrokes, you're addicted to vim.
                              *ka-ching!* o/~