[gamin] stress test hangs gamin

I tried a stress test, which involved calling watch_file() a great many times.

After about 1300 filenames, the test hung. From debug printouts, I believe that a watch_file() never returned to my Python app.

As it happens, I want this to work - or anyway, to be broken at a rather larger number of calls.

Any suggestions about what could be wrong, or what the productive line of
investigation might be?

[This is on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, x86, with a gamin-0.1.8 that I built myself from the source RPM. Test program available on request. Yes,
the test program works fine when it is given a shorter list of filenames.]

Thanks,
Don