[gamin] can a Python callback, exit?

More specifically, can a Python "try-except" clause catch an exception raised inside a callback?

I tried it - admittedly with gamin-0.1.7-8.fc6, not with 1.8. The exception wasn't politely caught.

I also notice that none of the test programs do "raise" or "exit()" inside callbacks, and flood.py returns status to the mainline by setting a global variable "ok". What I want to do, is to terminate the watching program if the thing being watched gets deleted. Do I have to code it like flood.py ?

---
Don