[gamin] Gamin problems with smb share

I am using Gamin 0.1.7 compiled from source, with --disable-inotify (some kind
of Mandriva header problems.)

When I use Konqeror file manager to browse to a folder mounted over smbfs that
contains several thousand files, gamin causes a large amount of network traffic
(over 400 kb/s) and gam_server chews up about 10% CPU.  This network and cpu
utilization remains constant until Konqueror is closed.

I tried to add the following to my ~/.gamrc file:

fsset smbfs none  60

My understanding was that this should prevent gamin from even trying to monitor
my smb mount, however, it has had no noticeable effect.

Any enlightenment or patches would be great appreciated.

----- End forwarded message -----

----- End forwarded message -----