[gamin] Re: [Gnubiff-devel] Fw: GNU biff build failure on GNU/Linux x86-32

Hello,

--- Jan Blunck <jblunck suse de> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 05, Robert Sowada wrote:
>
> > > In file included from file.h:35,
> > >                  from biff.cc:52:
> > > local.h:36:17: fam.h: No such file or directory
> > > In file included from file.h:35,
> > >                  from biff.cc:52:
> > > local.h:51: error: 'FAMConnection' is used as a
> type, but is not
> > > defined as a type.
> > > local.h:52: error: 'FAMRequest' is used as a
> type, but is not defined
> > > as a type.
> > > local.h:53: error: 'FAMEvent' is used as a type,
> but is not defined as
> > > a type. make[1]: *** [biff.o] Error 1
> > >
> > > Maybe fam.h is required and the configuration
> phase does not contain
> > > a test for it?
> > There is a test for fam.h but unfortunately the
> result is ignored at
> > the moment. I will fix this (probably next
> weekend).
> >

> No, it isn't. I fixed (and tested it) with my
> original patch for gamin. Seems
> that there is something else wrong.

To me, it's a gamin issue. Here's why:

1) I have gamin-0.1.7 installed in an unusual prefix:
/home/claudio/usr .

2) gamin-0.1.7 installs fam.h in ${prefix}/include.
In this case, my header is
/home/claudio/usr/include/fam.h

3) I managed to get a successful build and
installation by running configure with

CPPFLAGS=-I/home/claudio/usr/include

4) I noticed that the gnubiff build sets FAM_CFLAGS
based on pkg-config --cflags gamin, so I checked and

$ pkg-config --cflags gamin
-I/home/claudio/usr/include/fam

In gamin package, the gamin.pc.in reads:

prefix= prefix@
exec_prefix= exec_prefix@
libdir= libdir@
includedir= includedir@

Name: gamin
Version: @GAMIN_VERSION@
Libs: -L${libdir} -lgamin-1
Cflags: -I${includedir}/fam

and libgamin/Makefile.am has:
gaminincludedir = $(includedir)/
gamininclude_HEADERS =  \
        fam.h

And this is the problem I think. Either the gamin
project removes that /fam from the gamin.pc.in, or
they change libgamin/Makefile.am to specify nobase_
for their includes.

> Regards,
> 	Jan

Thanks,

CLaudio

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice: chiama da PC a telefono a tariffe esclusive
http://it.messenger.yahoo.com