Re: [gamin] Error : failed to find gam_server <- SOLVED : loop problem now

Le Samedi 29 Janvier 2005 13:37, Daniel Veillard a écrit :
>   That's not normal. The user level fam library from gamin should
> automatically run a gam_server when needed
>
>   gamin is not properly compiled or installed. It should not show up a null
> there but the path to gam_server.
>
> Daniel

Ok, I did some stupid thing when I installed it, now all what I said before is
solved, except I still don't have nothing in /tmp about gam (with netstat, I
still see a '@' before "/tmp/fam*"), but maybe it's the way it should work ?

But I have now another problem : The first and last version of gamin I tested
before the one I test now is the version 0.0.12. I stop using it because it
seems to have some infinite loop problem, and I notice now I still have it
with 0.0.20 : under kde, kbuildsyscoca is run every 3 seconds, which doesn't
happen with fam daemon, so I think it's not a problem with my kde setting,
but a problem with gamin.
Have you already heard about such a problem ?

JJ