[gamin] monitoring of links

Hi all

I'm quite keen to see gamin comply with its (or at least, FAM's) stated
policy of not following links. Thanks to some recent effort by John
McC, the inotify backend is close to meeting that standard. The
dnotify backend seems to be further away. Can't comment on the others.

To facilitate this, seems to me that a couple of test-cases, dealing
with directory-links and non-directory-links, would help. I have
candidates, and a patch for testing.c to allow it to do linking. Does
this list have a policy on mailing attachments ?

I figure that directory-monitoring an existing link to a dir should
report the same as attempting to monitor a non-existent dir. OK?

And completely ignore any newly-created link that would, if not a link,
be monitored as a dir. OK ?

And otherwise treat links as files in their own right, without reference
to their respective targets (if any).

Regards
Tom