Re: Nibbles patches

I didn't think anyone had died, but that's hard to tell (was playing w/ 3 AIs).  I released 3.14 and commented out the two asserts that cause crashes reliably for me (for 3.14.1).

Thanks!
Bryan

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 11:15 AM, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
On Sat, 2014-09-20 at 22:55 -0400, Bryan Quigley wrote:
> In my testing I've found the assertions come up a lot more than I
> expected..  Still trying to debug.  Thoughts on disabling all the ones
> that crash in my testing before release?

They should only happen when (a) a worm uses a teleporter and you are
unlucky, or (b) when a worm dies and you are not lucky. Actually, last
night I found (c) when playing with the number of worms in preferences
(no clue why that matters, but I haven't looked into it yet). Are you
hitting them at any other time?

The way to remove them is to just comment them out, which we can do on
the gnome-3-14 branch for 3.14.1 (too late for 3.14.0 unless you want to
ask for a freeze exception). Let's leave them active in the master
branch, though.  Best would be to fix the bugs, of course; I'll try to
look at them again soon.