Clone of 2048

Hi all,

I just discovered the 2048 game [1], and I'm addicted to it :) Is anyone
working on a GNOME clone of this game?

I plan to write a clone during Christmas holidays, and I wonder what is
the best approach to write such a game, at least from a UI point of
view.

Particularly, I'm not sure how to draw the tiles. Of course I plan to
use Clutter to do the drawing and animations, but I do not know if it
would be better to create bitmaps for the tiles, or draw them directly.
What do you think?

Also, I think it would be a good idea to use gestures, now that we have
them in Gtk+.

Thank you. Best regards,
Juan.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2048_(video_game)