Re: GNOME Games for Gnome Women Outreach Internship

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 14:40, Erin McLaughlin
<emclaughlin1215 gmail com> wrote:
> I'm interested in applying to work with GNOME Games for the GNOME
> Outreach Program for Women internships, for which you're listed as the
> mentor.  Are there any particular bugs you would suggest I jump in to
> fix, to get myself familiar with the code, given that I'm hoping to move
> on to a bug/enhancement of a suitable size for an internship?

Sure, there are lots of small, simple bugs in our Bugzilla that would
be a great first start. Ping me with any one that you've selected and
I'll let you know if it's less than an hour's worth of work.

> And is
> there anything else I should be looking at before coming to you with a
> proposal for what I'd like to apply to work on?

Sure, we are making an effort to get everything in GNOME Games in
either C or Vala. If you want to convert one of the Seed games over to
Vala, that would be a great project that has a well-defined scope and
would be easy to build and get started with as it's using relatively
simple code with a very narrow task list.

I'm not really plugged in to the Women Outreach program right now as
I've been very busy but if you can meet the time constraints, I would
be willing to help you get your build environment set up.