Re: PySol...

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011, Christian Persch wrote:

Hi;

Am Sun, 13 Feb 2011 07:50:34 +1100 (EST)
schrieb "Timothy S. Nelson" <wayland wayland id au>:
 	...have you all had a look at PySol?

Sure. It has a great number of different patience games,

Yeah, that was what I liked :). I'd read about Miss Milligan's in a book. And I've dreamed of something like their "Solitaire Wizard", but more powerful. I'd be more interested, though, to see eg. klondike broken into multiple files, one to do the tableau layout, and others to do the other parts. Then, if someone wants that tableau in eg. a Spider game, they just include some Klondike files, some Spider files, and tie them together :).

I note they also do a variety of tile games. Which was kind of cool. So, while I like the gnome-games tiles better, I liked their variety of layouts.

but IMHO the UI doesn't look as nice,

Agreed 100%. I did find it inspirational, though. It inspired me to think, "What would I want to see instead" :).

My idea was that the game choosing dialogue box should have in it a multi-column listbox, with one column for the game, one for the category, one for the typical deck (I'm thinking here of Tarot or Mahjong decks), and one for number of decks, one maybe for difficulty, one for playing time. Then, above each column, a text box that allows filtering based on that column (sort of like when an e-mail inbox is filtered in certain pieces of software; as you type, the list changes).

and the card themes are horrible (and not
scalable). (BTW, if, against all odds, you _do_ like these themes, you
can use them also in aisleriot. You just need to configure with
--with-card-theme-formats=default,pysol and they'll show up in the
card themes menu.)

Thanks. For the most part, I agree with you, but I was impressed with the Joan D'Arc ones (the Numerals are themed as well as the Courts), the various Dondorf ones, and about 6 or 7 of the others. It was also nice that they had some German-themed ones.

	:)

| Name: Tim Nelson                 | Because the Creator is,        |
| E-mail: wayland wayland id au    | I am                           |