Re: Gtk version compatibility

Hi;

Am Wed, 20 Oct 2010 01:30:33 +0200
schrieb "Thomas H.P. Andersen" <phomes gmail com>:
> Great. I just committed some fixes for glines. I still need to fix the
> preview, but I better get some sleep first.
>
> In the move from ::expose-event to ::draw I now draw the entire board
> every time. Is this acceptable for the other games? (and glines?)

If it turns out to be too slow, we can always fix this later. If the
code draws directly in ::draw, one can check the clip region and only
draw those parts not clipped away. Or create a similar surface when the
game state changes, draw to that, and in ::draw only paint that surface
to the passed cairo_t.

> I guess that we can also clean out a bunch of #if checks for gtk/glib
> versions now?

In all games except aisleriot, yes. Also need to be careful inside
libgames-support/ since aisleriot partially uses it; so you can only do
it in those files that are inside the "if LIBGAMES_SUPPORT_FULL"
conditional in Makefile.am.

Regards,
	Christian