Aisleriot categorisation

This file below was originally intended as notes for myself. I've posted it in hopes that it's helpful.

	:)

GAME GROUPS
===========
Took some classification from: http://midsummer.mech.surrey.ac.uk/~xpvoke/patience/pip/ByFamily.htm
	-	But descriptions are all mine

-	Single-deckers
	-	Free cells (Foundations, tableau, reserve; can only have one card in reserve at a time; can only move one card on tableau at a time)
		-	Baker's game: Tableau built by suit
		-	Eight-off: tableau built by suit; 8 reserves, with 4 filled intially
		-	Freecell
	-	Castles (foundation in the middle, tableau on outside, no stock or reserve)
		-	Beleaguered castle (only 8 stacks instead of 10; tableau built regardless of suit, but must be built down)
		-	Chessboard (can build up or down regardless of suit)
		-	Fortress
		-	Streets and Alleys
	-	Osmotic
		-	Osmosis (half a castle-style tableau, but much easier)
		-	Peek (same, but you can see the underneath cards in the tableau piles)

-	Klondike-alike (stock -> waste, foundations & tableau)
	-	Harps: (Klondike-alike subset)
		-	Agnes; no redeals, but start foundations from any card, not just aces
		-	Athena; different tableau stacks, but same game
		-	Aunt Mary; different tableau, but same game
		-	Klondike
		-	Jumbo: double-deck (and different tableau)
		-	Royal East: can't see tableau except top card; small tableau
		-	Saratoga: Can see all cards (none face-down)
		-	Thumb and Pouch: Tableau builds by any suit except own
		-	Westhaven: 10-pile tableau, no redeals
		-	Whitehead: Can see all cards (like Saratoga), but tableau cards are built by same colour, rather than alternating
		-	Yukon: Different tableau, no stock, can move stacks regardless of sequence; blanks can only be filled with a King-headed stack
	-	Demon (different tableau than Klondike, random start foundation, blank spaces filled from reserve):
		-	Canfield (13-card reserve, if reserve empty, blanks filled manually)
		-	Eagle Wing (13-card reserve, different tableau, if only one card in reserve, it becomes visible)
		-	Glenwood (different tableau, 12-card reserve in 4 stacks, blanks filled manually)
		-	Kansas (different tableau, 12-card reserve, if reserve empty, blanks filled manually)
		-	Straight Up: 13-card reserve, tableau built in suit
	-	Carpet-like (tableau filled automatically from waste, no building in tableau):
		-	Carpet: tableau is a 20-card field; aces are already on foundation
		-	King's Audience: 16-card tableau, special rules about royals and aces, build down from Jack
	-	Lady Jane: 7-card waste, random start foundation
	-	Sir Tommy: No start tableau, but 4 spaces; can build regardless of anything

-	Spiders (deal direct from stock onto all tableau stacks, build foundations)
	-	Auld Lang Syne (no redeals)
	-	Gypsy
	-	Labyrinth: can put cards from top and bottom of pile on foundations
	-	Scuffle
	-	Spider One Suit
	-	Spider Two Suit
	-	Will O' the Wisp
	-	Doubles (2 packs: no foundations, can move cards regardless of sequence)
		-	Spider: all cards already dealt
	-	Singles (1 pack)
		-	Scorpion: no foundations, can move cards regardless of sequence, only 3 cards in stock
		-	Spiderette: Klondike tableau
	-	Havens (like Cobwebs, but with 1 pack)
		-	Easthaven: Foundations, stock -> tableau, can only move top card/sequence
		-	Seahaven: has free cells, like freecell

-	Elimination
	-	T Totals
		-	Block ten: Pairs that add up to 10 from 9 stacks, spaces automatically filled from stock
		-	Camelot: Pairs adding up to 10 from 9 stacks, spaces filled manually from waste; special card placement
		-	Fourteen: pairs adding up to 14 from 12 stacks, no stock
		-	Gay Gordons: pairs adding up to 11 from 10 stacks, 2-card reserve, no stock
		-	Helsinki: Pairs adding up to 13 from 10 piles, spaces automatically filled from stock
		-	Quatorze: Pairs adding up to 14 from 25 spaces, spaces filled automatically from stock
		-	Thirteen: Elevator Tableau, pairs adding up to 13
		-	Treize: French for "thirteen"; pairs adding up to 13; Faceup elevator tableau
		-	Yield: Like Treize, but tableau upside-down (ie. starts at a point)
	-	Matching rank
		-	Cover: cards matching in rank from 4 stacks
		-	Jamestown: remove same rank from 9 stacks
		-	Isabel: pairs of equal rank from 13 stacks
	-	Golf-like: build up or down on stock
		-	Golf
		-	Thieves: has Jokers
		-	Elevator-like
			-	Elevator
			-	Escalator (Elevator-like tableau, but face-up)
			-	Triple-peaks: Three elevators

-	Geometric
	-	Spaces
		-	Gaps: move cards into the available gaps
		-	Maze: like Gaps, but continuous, with no redeals
	-	Rows and Columns
		-	Monte Carlo: remove cards of same rank
		-	Neighbour: remove cards adding up to 13

-	Odessa-like: Foundations and tableau, but no stock or waste; reshuffle tableau manually to be able to build on foundations
	-	Bakers' Dozen
	-	Odessa

-	Misc
	-	Backbone
		-	Plait: It might be a little like Backbone; test and see
	-	Bristol: A cross between Klondike and Freecell
	-	Clock
	-	Cruel
	-	Diamond Mine: move diamonds to top, stack rest by suit or something
	-	Doublets
	-	First Law: when all cards have the same rank, they disappear
	-	Fortunes: remove cards with lower rank
	-	Hopscotch: build by different numbers; vaguely resembles doublets, but not a lot
	-	King Albert: A cross between Klondike and Freecell (in a different way than Bristol)
	-	Pileon: Basically arrange cards according to rank
	-	Poker: build poker hands in sequences
	-	Ten Across: Like Klondike, but all cards dealt initially, and build down by suit, rather than on foundations
	-	Union Square: Like a double-deck Klondike with only 4 foundations (build up first, then down), but lots of tableau piles
	-	Valentine: some kind of building game, but not clear
	-	Zebra: Build foundations by alternating colour; double deck

| Name: Tim Nelson                 | Because the Creator is,        |
| E-mail: wayland wayland id au    | I am                           |