Re: GSoC: convert Gnobots2 to Clutter

2009/3/27 Thomas H.P. Andersen <phomes gmail com>:
> 2009/3/27 Diego López León <diega locolandia com ar>:
>> Hi, I'm attaching the roadmap part of my SoC application looking for
>> feedback from some mentor.
>> My plan is to apply for convert Gnobots2 to clutter (as you can read
>> in the subject :))
>
> Great. Go for it! :)
I really thank you your suggestions and feedback.

> To get extra points from me:
> 1) Implement it so that the game window can be resized

Do you think that we need to set a minimum size for the window?
because the game could be unplayable in a tiny one.

> 2) Currently the visual effects for "splat", "yahoo", and "aiii" are
> just static images with text in them. Use pango to draw the text when
> you reimplement that part. This will allow it to be translated.

I can add it, but is necessary to translate those words?

> 3) A "danger-meter" that indicates how close you are to being caught.
> A classic solution is to display a heart beating and as robots gets
> closer it beats faster. Could be a nice way to help new users
> understand the rules of the game.

This is absolutely great.

> 4) Allow for overlapping graphics of robots/human. Currently the
> robots have to be drawn very small. I saw (can't find it again) some
> graphics where the robots were a bit bigger than their square and
> overlapping parts were stacked when next to each other. The game logic
> is the same but the robots can just be drawn a bit bigger to take up a
> bit of space from the squares around it. I hope this makes sense :)

It's a nice effect and to implement the overlap shouldn't be so difficult