new game submission

Hi,
Not sure if this is the right list....there are many gnome related lists.
I've got an AI agent working for a 2 player checkers like game. I was thinking I'd slap a gtk gui on top of it and see if the gnome community was interested in adopting it into the games package. Obviously I'd continue to maintain it.

It was for school, assignment details here:
http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~jpineau/comp424/index.html
That page suggests I wrote it in java. it's not, mines in C++.

Basically I have two questions:
Is it worth my time submitting to gnome, do I have a chance?
can I use gtkmm and not gtk?  (I can use gtk if I have to)

I'd only submit it once the course was over.

Thanks,
Chris.