GGZ integration and packaging plans

Hello,

the release planning for GGZ is heating up a bit, with version 1.0 to appear
around autumn. My suggestion would be that starting with GNOME 2.25, the
features of the new version should be used. One improvement in particular is
that each package can now have its own ggz.modules file and doesn't need to
run post-inst scripts to somehow merge the module descriptions. Instead,
AC_GGZ_CONFIG is simply called with the name of the package
(i.e. "gnome-games") as the third parameter and that's it.

In order to coordinate the release better, I would also like to know if there
are specific plans regarding multiplayer capabilities in GNOME games. What
about the glChess client code? What about the changes to libggz-gtk on both
sides, is anyone planning a review of those?

Another area looking for Gtk+ coders is the display of player photos or
avatars. The current games don't do that yet, e.g. as part of the
seats/spectators dialogue, but it would be a highly appreciated addition. It
would already work with the current code, i.e. 0.0.14, and most likely needs
some asynchronous picture loading code.

Josef

--
Free online games for everybody: http://www.ggzgamingzone.org/