Re: [ubuntu-jp-team:5852] Re: [copyright issues] "Minoru Climb" is distributed without designer's agreement.

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 10:48 AM, <hito kugutsu org> wrote:
I am a member of the Ubuntu Japanese Local Community team and a few
months ago we reported an issue regarding GNOME Klotski allegedly
violating copyright of a Japanese puzzle author, Minoru Abe.

Although we proposed a couple of options to keep his works in Klotski,
he is asking for removal and announcement for infringement.

It is very much appreciated if you can delete the puzzles from Klotski
and make an announcement accordingly.

We already removed the puzzles out of respect for the author. We will not announce infringement because we do not believe that there was any. The next release of Gnome Games, 2.24 will not have his puzzles in it. As a result, all subsequent releases of Linux distributions from now until the end of time will not have the Minoru Climb puzzles in them.