Re: we should do something decisive about Agnes

Hi;

Le Sun, 7 Dec 2008 18:39:12 -0600,
"Vincent Povirk" <madewokherd+8cd9 gmail com> a écrit :
> The Agnes game in aisleriot is almost impossible to win. It comes down
> to the fact that it's impossible to remove the highest-ranking card
> without putting it on the foundation. If one of them happens to be
> above a card of the same suit, the game is unwinnable.
[...]
> Given that no one seems to quite agree, and we've yet to find an
> authority in solitaire rules, I'm going to say this is a license to do
> whatever we want as long as we end up with a game that's vaguely
> similar.
>
> I'm going to suggest we (I would do the work) do the following, for no
> particular reason:
> * Delete our current Agnes game. (Or keep it, I don't mind.)
> * Make a decent attempt at Agnes Bernauer/Agnes Sorel.
> * Create a new game, based on our current version of Agnes with the
> following rules changes (which I'm hoping will make it interesting but
> not unwinnable most of the time):
>  * Foundations build by color.
>  * Tableaus build by rank only (suit does not matter).

Doing all three of these is fine with me :)
I don't think we need to keep the 'old' Agnes around after getting the
new one. Do you plan to do this as one game with variants via game
options, or as multiple games?

	Christian