Re: Hitori

I'd love to have this game included in gnome-games. Same goes for a
kakuro game and other new cool games (gbrainy looks cool too). Getting
sudoku and chess in was really nice. However, we have to consider both
the total size of the games and the experience from the last inclusion
of new games. We still have crasher bugs left in those. New games need
to be stable and really well tested before they go in.

Taking an "aisleriot" approach for gnome-sudoku is a possibility but I
think it will require a lot of work. We'll also have to come up with a
name for the application that covers all the games included. That
would imo be bad as we'd hide the sudoku/hitori/kakuro names from the
menu list.

If we want new games in the collection we would either have to drop
other games or expand the collection size. I'm not sure the latter is
an option. There are games that I personally would like to exchange
for newer games. However I've read comments like "I'm going to kill
anybody that removes game X from gnome-games" so I guess we should do
another vote like Andreas did. I'm waiting for my @gnome.org account
to set up a blog to get such a vote going.

- Thomas H.P. Andersen