Gnome games and accessibility

Hi all,

I noticed the other day how we have many internationalisation bugs
reported in bugzilla but there don't seem to be many accessibility
bugs reported. From googling around I find the games have been made
more accessible by:
- Making keyboard shortcuts work
- Making them scalable
- Providing hight contrast themes
The question I want to ask is: Has any work been done in the past to
make Gnome Games highly accessible? (e.g. people using Braille readers
etc).

I'd like to raise the question on the Orca and Gnome Accessibility
Project mailing lists to get a discussion going and gauge interest in
their communities. I'm not proposing we commit to any new work but
rather get some ideas on where we should be heading in the next five
years. The outcome I would expect is some feature requests and/or a
page on live.gnome.org listing how the games would behave if we had
infinite time/money. There may however be some simple things we can be
doing today to make the games more accessible.

The things I would plan on asking are:
- Is there a demand for the Gnome Games to be more accessible? (i.e.
should we bother or are specially designed games more useful than what
we can provide)
- How would you rank the games from most important/able to be
accessible to least important/able. (e.g. maybe the turn based (cards,
sudoku, chess etc) would be more appropriate than real time
(gnibbles). Or not?).
- Insert question here...

Again I don't think anyone needs any more work but it would be
interesting to know what our users/potential users think. :)
--Robert