Re: Riot in aisle 800

On Fri, 25 May 2007 00:17:55 +0200, Christian Persch <chpe gnome org> wrote:
>   * allow pre-rendered card themes with one image file per card per
> size, since librsvg isn't feasible on the N800 (it's slow-ish even on
> the desktop, even with the fix for the bug above)

IMHO, one-image-per-file-per-card is the thing that would get rid of the majority of performance complaints on the desktop, since it kills the impression that Aisleriot give of locking-up.

I've never seriously considered it in the past because it stands to increase overall rendering and loading time esp. with SVG, which can reuse components within the file. And I've got this stupid idea in my head that I'll carve out time to work on Aisleriot or maybe some sort of OpenGL-based offspring one of these years. :)

-Richard Hoelscher
rahga.com