RE: [Aisleriot] Freecell game selection, Redmond style

> This is a good thing but I should mention that the ability to start games
> based on a specific seed was previously removed from Gnome Games.  It was
> a rather a fiddly option and there were some calls in bugzilla for seeds
> which actually matched the pattern of Microsoft Freecell as you have now
> implemented.  If you can put a nice unobtrustive user interface on this
> feature it should be good.  For what it is worth Pretty Good Solitaire
> (Goodsol) sticks to the same pattern, as much as is possible.
Ok, I'll look into how goodsol does it, and make it as unobtrusive/friendly as possible. I will start by re-adding seed support in the UI, that will be my first set of patches. The second set will add redmond-style game generation to Freecell (it will probably add a checkbox or something, too). How does that sound ?

> Being able to start specific games with easily predicted out comes (like a
> completely unshuffled deck) might serve as useful test cases to smoke test
> Aisleriot.
Does gnome-games currently have unit testing ?

> In terms of implementation I hope that your work can be accepted to just
> change the standard deck completely rather than needing to use a different
> (make-redmond-deck) function, as I see little reason to keep the old
> system around.
For clarity's sake, you suggest we change (make-standard-deck) for my deck-generating function ? It is coded that way since it simplifies the shuffling code greatly.

Cheers,
Jonathan