Re: New game progress

On Sat, 2006-09-16 at 08:52 +0200, Andreas Røsdal wrote:
> Alan Horkan wrote:
> > What happend to turning Iagno and Ataxx into a single shared codebase?
> > That should improve maintainability and would make removing one without
> > the other a moot point.
>
> Noone is currently working on merging Iagno and Ataxx, so it's not going
> to happen unless someone volunteers to do it. It has been on the TODO list
> for gnome-games, but I see no point in spending that much effort on a game
> that noone wants to play.

A lot more work went into ataxx than iagno, so in principle merging the
two would improve iagno. However, I have my doubts about many of the
improvements that got made to ataxx - e.g. the code for storing the game
board and the code for drawing the board should have been separated in a
different way - so the merge probably isn't worthwhile.