Gnometris

So I, like everyone else that e-mails list, want to add a game to gnome-games.   Well I guess I really don't care, but I would like advice on what would be the guidelines for games in gnome games?  Here are some thoughts

Simple to Play and Fun
no additional dependencies (stick to GTK/glib)
C/C++/ Python? / Mono (ok that may be a little far)
Good Graphics and Sound
Network abilities.
Documented and maintained

I say this because I'm am a student and want to develop a GTK game.   I've fallen in love with Super Puzzle Fighter X (puyo puyo) in college because it is a greatly designed game. http://www.sirlin.net/Features/feature_slipperyslope.htm   However my friend is moving away that I play it with, so it is our duty to continue puzzle fighting by obviously developing a network version of it for linux.   Yes I know there is already "Angry Drunken Dwarfs" but it doesn't do multi player.  I also want to do this as more of a "student" project / learning experiment and I've become a Gnome kind of guy lately so I want to do something of Gnome Caliber and that's why this e-mail is being sent.  What is a Gnome Caliber Game?

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/games-list/2006-August/msg00033.html
> There is a problem with removing this: It is one of the most popular
> games and tetris is far from "embarassing simple". However, if the
> code is unmaintainable, we have an issue.

Our implementation of Tetris is embarassingly simple. If there is a
replacement version of Tetris available, we could consider it for inclusion.

So how can I take two birds with one stone?   Well in my beginning design phases  I have been trying to design the game in C++ class glory and realize that it is similar in ways to a  Tetris Game.   I've been designing to abstract a "falling block" game and then eventually build a tetris variant and a puzzle fighter variant on top of it.  Since you have discussed looking for a replacement for gnometris, what features are you looking for in a replacement?

Keith Preston