Re: Maintainership of gnome-games

Le vendredi 26 mai 2006 à 16:51 +0100, Alan Horkan a écrit :

> > I think games in general are the type of software we shouldn't port to
>
> The GNU General Public License makes no judgements about what should and
> shouldn't be ported.

For sure, it's not the job of a license. It's just my opinion.

> No one is forcing developers to work on a Windows port of Gnome games.
> Writing portable code is always good discipline, if only to make it easier
> to port to future versions of Gnome.  No sane developer would
> intentionally make a port more difficult, it would be like "cutting off
> your nose to spite your face".

> On a practical level I find development more comfortable under linux and
> there may be little I can do to help.  However attempting to oppose anyone
> interested in working on Gnome Games in any capicity add big ugly stop
> energy and demotivates everyone, and if anything a port should help
> improve code quality and maintainability.  The only risk is gnome games
> becoming too popular!
> :)

Sure, I just meant it could be more useful to work on something else
than a Windows port but if Andreas still wants to do it, it's up to him,
and I wouldn't do anything to prevent this. Again, it's just my opinion.

--
Heretik <heretik tuxfamily org>