Re: Sudoku game for Gnome

Ah, sorry, I should have done a basic search before asking. But
thanks, I now have gnome-sudoku installed! :)

--Jacob

On 5/13/06, Callum McKenzie <callum spooky-possum org> wrote:
On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 08:43 +0200, Jacob Kroon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of a Sudoku game for Gnome existing out there? If
> not, would it be possible to start developing one with the hopes of
> getting it incorporated into gnome-games module ?
>
> If no one exists, I would like to take this chance in getting a little
> more involved with Gnome by helping out implementing one. I don't have
> any preferred language, but I'm guessing that C   + GObject would be
> the preferred way to go, although I'd prefer to use Python for an
> implementation like this.
>
> Any feedback on this would be most appreciated!

Try either:

http://sf.net/projects/gnome-sudoku/

or

http://www.yzonesoft.com/gsudoku/gsudoku.html

or

http://pythonsudoku.sourceforge.net/

or

http://www.katletz.at/katsudoku/

Although none match KDE's ksudoku with it's 3D sudoku.

On a side note, programming in python for GNOME is perfectly acceptable
these days: the pygtk bindings are officially blessed. gtk# will
probably be blessed soon and I wouldn't be surprised if gtkmm is too
giving us C# and full C++ support within the platform.