Re: introduction and playing cards

On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 10:08 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> I hope you will like those and maybe find some use for them.

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

I really, really, like the cards. I have added them to
gnome-games-extra-data - the extra themes for gnome-games.

Some comments that I hope are constructive:
 - They take an awfully long time to load. This is mostly due to
   aisleriot's drawing code sacrificing speed for quality and the only
   reason I mention it is that this is what stopped me putting it in the
   main distribution (with librsvg incorporating Cairo support now,
   hopefully I can redo the graphics code to cut out a lot of the crap).
 - Even when the cards are set a reasonable distance apart, you can't
   tell what the suit is when they overlap. You might want to consider
   this for other cards you design.
 - The white borders don't give a lot of contrast when laid on top of
   each other.

Having said all that negative stuff about the details, they look really
fantastic. They have a very nice first-look wow! factor.