Re: spanish approach for aisle-riot

El lun, 26-09-2005 a las 01:30 -0500, Richard Hoelscher escribió:
> Callum McKenzie said:
> > On Sun, 2005-09-25 at 17:55 +0200, Francisco Yuste Garcia wrote:
> <snip>
> >> I would like include my final thesis development in this gnome project.
> >> Should I follow some guidelines in order to do this when i finish?
> <snip>
> > I'm not entirely sure what you mean by a "Spanish approach", but I can
> > give you some hints that hopefully will be helpful:
> <snip>
>
> Regarding Spanish games themselves, they use a 4-suit 48 card deck with no
> "10" cards. Most solitaire games discard the 8 and 9 cards to get a 40
> card deck, leaving you with: Rey (King), Caballo (Horseman), Sota, 7, 6,
> 5, 4, 3, 2, and As (Ace)

I wrote spanish.scm to implement all that stuff.

> .
>
> What makes this different than supporting, say, German cards (which don't
> have ranks 1 through 6), is that you'll need to make sure Aisleriot counts
> in order of "6, 7, Sota...". Simply discarding cards 8 through 10 from a
> standard deck won't be enough.

I discarded them in spanish.scm yet. Also i will redefine the naming
cards functions for an international support.

> When adding those games back into the codebase, Aisleriot and the card
> library will probably need to be adjusted to support different types of
> decks and themes. (Francsico: This is probably not worth worrying about
> until _AFTER_ your thesis project is finished.)
>
> -Richard Hoelscher
> http://rahga.com/svg/

Here you are a preview pre-pre-alpha ;) screenshot:

http://murillo.eii.us.es/~i7352/rentoi.png

Greetings.

PD: Sorry. I forgot setting the list as receiver.

--
Linux Registered User #297006, a.k.a. "andandare" [at] jabberes.org
Smartly using GNU/Linux Debian since 2000