Re: spanish approach for aisle-riot

On Sun, 2005-09-25 at 17:55 +0200, Francisco Yuste Garcia wrote:
> Hello, I am _andandare_ and this is my first mail in this list.
>
> I was wondering if there is a spanish approach for card games in
> aisle-riot architecture.
>
> I would like include my final thesis development in this gnome project.
> Should I follow some guidelines in order to do this when i finish?
>
> But scheme code, is there any other documentation about aisle-riot
> architecture?
>
> Although i design my own artwork and documentation is absolutely
> essential, manuals and spanish card sets would be appreciated.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by a "Spanish approach", but I can
give you some hints that hopefully will be helpful:

See:
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnome-games/contributing.html

It has a lot of answers.

Whether or not your work is included depends a lot on what it is. If,
for example, you are providing a Spanish translation of the
documentation then we would definitely take it. New games would also be
seriously considered (but make sure they are new).

The architecture is largely undocumented, but there are some decent
pieces of example code. The file template.scm in the rules directory of
the source code is the the minimal amount of code needed to create a
game (it isn't a game itself). The file klondike.scm contains the rules
for the default games, and it is also the best tested. seahaven.scm is
also fairly good to look at. The file sol.scm (in the main source
directory) contains most of the utility functions and cscmi.c contains
the interface between the C code and the scheme code.

Basically each scheme file is run after sol.scm (in a clean environment)
and then execution proceeds to the event loop. The set-lambda call at
the end of the game file registers all the call-backs. Most are
self-explanatory (e.g. new-game is called to start a new game).

A slot describes a place where you can put cards. They are indexed
starting at 0 and typically laid out from left to right and top to
bottom. An extended slot is one where each card is shifted slightly to
make the one underneath visible, like the tableau in Klondike. The other
data structures, like the card-lists are self explanatory.

The hint functions return a value depending on the information returned.
The code in question is spread between cscmi.c and dialog.c
(specifically show_hint_dialog () in the later). Some games - like
Klondike - only have partial hint support. Those games with full hint
support - i.e. they can find any valid move - also use the hint function
to determine if the game is lost. No valid moves = game over.

The format for the card graphics is basically undocumented, but they are
just big images with all the cards in a grid. Look at the files
bonded.png and paris.svg for examples.

For creating Spanish documentation you need to create a new directory
under the help subdirectory. You should then copy the structure of one
of the other documentation directories. In particular you need to rename
aisleriot-C.omf to aisleriot-es.omf and edit it appropriately.

Feel free to ask more  questions.