make localisation easier use more stock items (use them everywhere)

(if this seems harsh be assured it was not my intention, I'm a little on
edge at the moment any hostility is unintentional, I'm just not sure how
to better phrase this request)

I was looking at Gnome 2.10 and as usual Gnome Games was one of the
first things I took a look at.  (I'm hoping the Grid in Same Gnome is
somehow optional because on a really small board it is quite imposing).

I got think about localisation, and tried out Gnome Games in a non-English
language.  It became clear very quickly that more stock items could be
used if the developers wanted to and that items that were repeated
throughout Gnome Games were not necessarily properly translated in
different games.

I think every developer should try doing some translation work sometime,
it helps make you want to use stock items whenever you can.  I'm biased
and I want to see more stock items used everywhere but there is good
reason for it, there is a method to my madness.

It seems redundant to have "Game, New Game" and not just that it means you
cannot benefit from the stock translations of New.  (Applications like
Gnumeric dont use "New Spreadsheet" or "New File" and there are other
places where the word game could just as easily be added to a menu item
like "Game Scores" but hasn't).  Incidentally most games use "New game"
instead of correctly using title case "New Game". Similarly some of the
menu use "Pause Game" rather than stock Pause, "Undo move" rather than
just using the stock Undo/Redo.  There are a few others too.

If you are okay with the idea of using stock items where possible (and I
really really hope you are) I will try and provide the necessary patches.
(Perhaps in addittion to using more gtk stock items there could be more
stock items in gnome-games).  After that I might even try doing some
translation work, but I'd much rather work smarter not harder.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Inkscape, Draw Freely  http://inkscape.org
Abiword is Awesome http://www.abisource.com