Re: gnomines possible improvement

> I'd probably support that a bit less than the method I suggested. If at
> some point a puzzle requires a guess, rigging the answer so that the guess
> can't fail seems like the unnatural thing to do...
>
> -Richard Hoelscher
> http://rahga.com/svg/

What about rigging it so that guessing when it is solvable by uncovering
other squares first always yields a mine?  This could be used with your
method.

I think the method you suggested would work, but I wonder if it will
change the game play a lot.  If it doesn't, then it is probably the best
solution, I would like to try it.

--Sean D'Epagnier