Re: gnomines possible improvement

Richard Hoelscher said:
> spdepagn ncsu edu said:
> I'll look at your code later today, but I'm only seeing one effective way
> to do this... After the first click, randomize the field. Loop through
> solving and randomizing until a minefield comes up that is solvable
> without guessing.

spdepagn ncsu edu:
For what it's worth, I understand now what you were proposing... not
really something that gets rid of guessing altogether by checking puzzle
solvability, but something makes sure the user isn't punished if they are
forced to guess. :)

I'd probably support that a bit less than the method I suggested. If at
some point a puzzle requires a guess, rigging the answer so that the guess
can't fail seems like the unnatural thing to do...

-Richard Hoelscher
http://rahga.com/svg/