Re: gnome-games 2.11.1

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Callum McKenzie wrote:

> Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 11:51:59 +1200
> From: Callum McKenzie <callum physics otago ac nz>
> To: games-list gnome org
> Cc: gnome-announce-list gnome org
> Subject: gnome-games 2.11.1
>
> gnome-games 2.11.1
> ==================
>
> Finally, a very belated 2.11.x entry for gnome-games. A lot has changed
> and I've probably missed a few things, but here are the main points:

> Aisleriot:
> - Per-game options work again. e.g. Klondike has the option for 3-card
> deals.

If I were to provide a patch that added Klondike 3 as a seperate game
instead of doing it this way would you accept it?  (Might take me a
while.)

I think a lot of the changes to Aisleriot are going to make it a lot more
comfortable to play for even longer sesssions, and that is a good thing,
mostly.

> Gometris:
> - Use the new high-scores dialog.
>
> Iagno:
> - Start a new game when the program loads.
> - Removed the clock, it was useless.
>
> Mahjongg:
> - Rather than assuming clicking on a second, mismatched, tile was a
> mistake, assume that the player wants to select it as the first of a
> different pair.

Nice.  I was thinking about asking for something like this and the new
behaviour is much more positive (and like that of KMahjonng incidentally).

The New game behaviour is really slick (no more asking me if I want Finish
or New).  I hadn't realised that had already been overhauled and was
meaning to say something about it.  A side benefit of this is now the
Preferences dialog is nice and slim, should anyone want to run Gnome Games
on Maemo and the fancy new Nokia 770 (I wish).

Mahjohnng looks incredibly beatiful, I have to say it beats the pants off
the competition.

> Tali:
>  - UI tweaks: the dice area behaves like a toolbar wth prelight
> hilighting and the like.

That turned out really nicely.

> Tetravex:
>  - Tiles get hilighted on mouse-over. i.e. the behave just like any
> other GTK component.

Perhaps it was intentional (and perhaps I've managed to botch my install
yet again) but the tetravex graphic no longer appears in the new GTK About
Dialog for Tetravex.

I can see so few things wrong with Gnome Games I'm definately going to
need to learn more about Accessibility and try and help with the a11y
support somehow (I might start by binding the arrow keys in Gnotravex).

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Inkscape http://inkscape.org
Abiword http://www.abisource.com