Re: games running sgid

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Callum McKenzie wrote:

> Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 23:06:08 +1300
> From: Callum McKenzie <callum spooky-possum org>
> To: games-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: games running sgid
>
> This is actually a summary of what I sent Daniel earlier this evening -
> I never seem to select the right reply button in evolution.
>
> setgid is there to solve a single problem: cheating. Aside from the

Sounds like you need D.R.M.*

/me ducks, covers and puts on fire suit

Massively tough problem to solve, any reasonable user wouldn't complain
once the difficulty of implementing a truely secure system was adequately
explained to them.

- Alan

* D.R.M. Digital Restrictions Management in the broadest sense can be
taken to include this kind of security.