games running sgid

Hi everybody,

on http://bugzilla.ubuntu.com/19668 we have quite a long discussion
about how to fix gnome-games to run again.

"Security: Because of the high scores change the previously mentioned
games do NOT drop their setgid privileges as they used to. If someone
accessing the games group is a serious issue then it is recommended
that you disable the setgid option."

seems to have been the rationale for the change, but I fail to see, how
to get this working again.

Users will cry, if I set --disable-setgid, changing the games group's
name will not make the binary non-sgid, so the problem remains. Adding
people to the games group to be able to write there probably is wrong
too.

If you have an additional clever idea of how to fix the problem in a
nice way, please let me know.

Thanks a lot, have a nice day,
 Daniel