Re: Proposed Module for GNOME 2.9: GNOME War Pad -- Questions

Il giorno mer, 24-11-2004 alle 18:37 -0300, Lucas Di Pentima ha scritto:
> Now the doubt you've created me is this: GNOME won't accept any new game
> because of the package's size? I think this is terrible, not allowing
> more games because of someone is overloaded woth work, it's simply not
> scalable, why not split gnome-games in different singular packages?
> maintained by different people? it's just an idea.

It's not just the package size.
Games are not like a text editor or a mail client were you can pick one
and say that it is the official gnome text editor or mail client.
There are an infinite number of possible different games and clearly we
can't include them all and force 500 MB of games on every gnome user.

GNOME is a desktop environment: it provides a collection of common
programs which are (more or less) needed by the majority of its users:
a file manager, a browser, a help viewer etc.
A small collection of games fits well into this picture.

Other games should be distributed separately and installed by the people
interested in playing that particular game.

paolo