Re: gnome-games 2.9.2

Il giorno mar, 30-11-2004 alle 11:35 +1300, Callum McKenzie ha scritto:
> The basic rationale behind adding the undo option for failed games was
> to avoid the sudden end to the game. It is not always obvious that the
> game is about to end (e.g. in clock it is impossible to tell) and I have
> found that the sudden appearance of a dialog telling you "the game is
> over and that is final" to be rude and annoying. So that is why the undo
> button has been added, to "soften" the dialog.

I totally agree with the presence of an undo button.

> The quit button does make sense as an option (I use it a lot), but it
> isn't essential so I removed it to make the dialog less cluttered. I am
> not sure it is the right move, but I would like to try it for a while
> before making a final decision.

Sorry but I find the idea of having an option to decide if a dialog has
a button or not a bit on crack :)

I also do not agree that "quit" is not essential: in fact quitting is an
action which every user needs to do at some point and doing it at the
end of a game is the more natural thing. Being forced to start a new
game just to be able to quit is silly.

At this point I'd find less essential the "New Game" button, since a
user can restart aisleriot from the menu...

Anyway I think that having 3 buttons is not that cluttered, many other
dialogs in gnome have 3 buttons.

ciao
	paolo