Re: Gataxx

On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 20:53, Sjoerd wrote:

> If we are using a library, we can as well use an existing library
> (ClanLib for example) instead of creating one of our own. In that case,
> all we have to do is pick our library and we can start rewriting games.

What sort of library is ClanLib?  It talks about toolkit independence,
which clearly isn't needed here, but not much else.  Does it give any of
the sort of thing mentioned elsewhere on this thread?

I doubt it, but I'm willing to be pleasantly suprised.  I doubt there is
another library that supports this kind of thing.

> If we want to write our own, it should use GTK objects and widgets.

Hmm, well it's glib objects nowadays.  =)  Using glib object events
would definitely be a good idea, they help you separate out your back
end.

--
         Matthew Tuck: Software Developer & All-Round Nice Guy
 My Short Autobiography: 1985 Grade Bin Monitor 1990 Class Clown Award